- Because of weak oil and gas prices Alberta’s economy contracted by 4.0% in 2015
- However, Alberta still leads all provinces in economic growth during the past 20 years, with an average annual GDP growth of 3.2% per year
- Continued weakness in oil and gas prices is also negatively impacting the Alberta economy this year
- Alberta’s per capita GDP of $91,183 (in 2014) is the highest of any state or province in North America
- Employment increased by 26,500 in Alberta in 2015 Real Economic Growth 1995 – 2015
Read full leaflet here.
Source: Alberta Economic Development and Trade, June 2016