- Order by:
Management of Excess Soil – A Guide for Best Management Practices
March 04, 2017 - Ontario
Soil is an important resource. The protection and conservation of soil in Ontario is a valuable component of maintaining the environment for present and future generations. The Ministry of the Environment (MOE) encourages the beneficial reuse of excess soil in a manner promoting sustainability and the protection of the environment. The best practices described within this document are intended to assist those managing excess soil, particularly when the soil may be affected by contamination, in preventing and mitigating the potential for adverse effects."
Resource: Ministry of Environment and Climate Change. (2016). Management of Excess Soil - A Guide for Best Management Practices. Retrieved from https://www.ontario.ca/page/management-excess-soil-guide-best-management-practices#section-0
New Ontario Air Permitting Regime Effective Immediately – Assessed Air EASR
January 19, 2017 - Ontario
Ontario has a new air permitting regime that the Government has put in place that takes effect January 31, 2017.
Metal Finishers – Industry Standard
December 14, 2016 - Ontario
1. The air standards for chromium compounds (hexavalent) and nickel and nickel compounds will apply to facilities in the metal finishing sector 12 months after the first date of publication of the Technical Standard, March 8, 2016.
2. Facilities that will exceed the air standard can apply for registration to the Metal Finishers - Industry Standard or request a site-specific standard. (See four attached Fact Sheets on O.Reg.419/05). Facilities do not have to show exceedence of an air standard to register to a technical standard.
3. There is no application fee to register to a technical standard at this time.
4. The ministry's intent was that application forms can be completed by someone familiar with the facility's metal finishing processes and air pollution controls. There are two application forms that must be submitted. One is a general form for all applicants and one is a supplemental form for the Metal Finishers Industry Standard. (See Link for general form and guide to applying and an attachment for the metal finishers supplemental form)
5. There is a mandatory minimum 45 day EBR posting for public comment. The process is a bit slow at this time so we strongly recommend that applications are submitted as soon as possible and before the end of year to help ensure a timely review.
Waste-Free Ontario Act
June 02, 2016 - Ontario
Ontario – Cap & Trade and Reporting Greenhouse Gas Emissions
June 02, 2016 - Ontario
April 29, 2016 - Ontario
"How to apply for an environmental approval – or register a business activity – that involves releasing pollutants or waste into air, land or water."
Ontario – Environmental Protection Act
January 18, 2016 - Ontario
Clean Water Act
December 08, 2015 - Ontario
The Purpose of the Clean Water Act is to "protect existing and future sources of drinking water. 2006, c. 22, s. 1."