Procedure for Preparing an Emission Summary and Dispersion Modelling Report EBR# 012-4167
December 23, 2015
The MOECC has published on the Environmental Registry a Policy Proposal Notice (EBR # 012-4167) proposing updated guidance on technical requirements for Emission Summary & Dispersion Modelling (ESDM) reports under the Local Air Quality Regulation (O. Regulation 419/05: Air Pollution – Local Air Quality) made under the Environmental Protection Act.
“The “Procedure for Preparing an Emission Summary and Dispersion Modelling Report” (the Procedure Document) provides guidance on complying with the requirements of the regulation that governs the content of an ESDM report. The Procedure Document should be used in conjunction with other ministry documents such as the “Air Dispersion Modelling Guideline for Ontario” (ADMGO).
Highlights of the proposed updates include:
- Changes from earlier regulatory amendments (2009 and 2011);
- Guidance on emission estimates and modelling for annual standards;
- Guidance on ESDM requirements for facilities with contaminant(s) registered to Technical Standards;
- Reference to Environmental Activity and Sector Registry (EASRs);
- Other changes to improve clarity on expectations of what should be included in a report or submission; and
- A new Appendix E: Guidance For Standards With Annual Averages: Estimation Of Particulate Emissions From Paved And Unpaved Roads.”
Comments to this EBR Post are due: February 16, 2016.